Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hungry? P.F. Changs to the Rescue!!!!


Since lunch time is approaching , I thought a little copy-cat recipe would be fun.

My husband and I were never fans of the oh so tasty P.F Chang's until recently. We went gaga over the famous lettuce wraps and noticed everyone around us was eating them too.


Eating out with a 2 year old isn't only hard, but can be expensive. So last week in my craving I went to Harris Teeter with a goal! I was going to make lettuce wraps. And guess what? I succeeded!!! I must say they were fantastic. Even Lucy couldn't get enough! I thought i would share my make-shift recipe with you all. I hope you will try it and let me know what you think!




Pf Chang’s Lettuce wraps
Boneless Skinless Chick Breast Chopped into small pieces
1 stick of butter
1 Can of chopped water chestnuts
1 small onion chopped
1 cup of Hot Red Pepper Sauce (oriental aisle)
1 cup of Hoison Sauce (oriental aisle)
Sesame seed oil
Hot Asian Mustard
Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon of Paprika (if you have it)
1 head of lettuce
Add oil and butter to saucepan, and water chestnuts, and onions. Saute’
Add Chicken and cook until white. Add Hoison Sauce, ½ cup of Red Pepper Sauce, paprika and Soy Sauce.

This was a tasting game. I continued to taste until I felt it was right.
Simmer and serve with the “Sauce” fans of Pf Chang's know what Sauce I am talking about.
Mix oil, red pepper sauce, mustard, and soy sauce. Again, this is a tasting game.
Let me know what you think. We couldn’t get enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment