Thursday, December 16, 2010

Handmade Gifts (Part 3)

We are now in the final Day of out 3 part series
You have to get started on your gifts!
We are 1 week away!

This is another easy one
I know there are so many versions on Blogland so I wanted to share mine

You want to start with a nice frame
This particular one come from Michaels
at 50% off with an additional 25% coupon makes the final price $3.45---SCORE!

Grab your chalkboard paint
A lot of people prefer the spray paint form
I like this particular kind from AC Moore
It comes in a ton of colors, you'll see that soon


I then take the glass out and use it as a template to measure the foam board

Paint your foam board
Pop it back into the frame (without glass of course)

And there you have it!



I used Command Strips to hang it from my Refrigerator
I love how it looks on my Fridge, I hope the recipient does too!










6 comments:

  1. great idea! Looks cute!

    Amanda
    todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Foam board...would have never thought but thrilled that it works now I have tons of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! So fun and cute!

    Come enter for a free paper bead necklace from Heart Strings for Orphans!

    http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/12/gifts-that-give-back-heart-strings.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cute! I totally want to make one for my fridge! Hope you'll come link up to Made with Love Monday :) The party will be open until Friday so feel free to link up multiple projects. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you on Tater Tots and Jello! I am loving your blog, I saw it before, but now I am hooked! I would like to invite you to my $50 American Express giveaway and a linky party I have, all going on this week! Happy Holidays! Keep up the great blogging!
    -Dana Jean

    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a large one of these to cover my mismatched white fridge...

    LOL...

    nicolette

    ReplyDelete