Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Traditions

With Christmas rapidly approaching, I wonder if I will get in all my traditions?
The Christmas Tree, the baking, the wrapping, parades, festivals, etc.

Since we moved 2 months ago (feels like 2 weeks), we are still all over the place
I've learned in the last month that the tradition on a real tree is wonderful and pure bliss,
but it is not necessary to have a wonderful Christmas.

Cookies don't have to be made, I can buy them.
All decorations don't have to be out
I don't have to use a Snowman Dish towel to dry my dishes
I don't have to come home to lights draped on the front steps
I don't have to have a fireplace for stockings
I don't have to have Christmas glasses for wine
I don't have to have poinsettias that will die
Don't have to have perfect pictures with Santa to remember the holiday
I could go on, but you get the point

This Christmas I am learning that tradition is nothing more than a word
I plan to continue/reinstate some "traditions" in the future
but the only thing I need to make my Christmas Season perfect is my family

I challenge us all to take a step back, breathe, simplify, and take in the Season



No comments:

Post a Comment