Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th of July- And Tutorial

4th of July is my favorite day of the year! Parades, sunshine, cookouts, family, and fireworks!
I like to make Lucy her outfits for special days but this year snuck up on me. 

This was at her 4th of July Parade at School! I made the top the night before

Here she is waiting on the BIG parade. I made the dress and shoes too.


As you can see I love the 4th, this year is no exception. I have been obsessed with outfits for a month now. Lucy really really loved the tutu skirt from Gymboree, so she will be wearing that.
I have made shoes and a bag for the big parade


Today, I'm going to show you how I made the bag.
You will need:
Canvas
Red and Blue Fabric
Sewing machine and thread

The first thing I did was cut mu fabric into strips
3 of each at 3 inches wide

Iron and sew each of the strips


Once all that is completed, cut the canvas for you bag
I chose 10x12
You can find the tutorial here for how to make a bag
But before assembling, go ahead and make your ruffles
I chose for this project to do the long and loose stitch method
I took a strip and did one long straight loose stitch down the middle
Pull the bottom stitch to make a ruffle

Assemble your strips onto the canvas, then straight stitch them on

Once that is complete you can begin to assemble your bag.
Here is the tutorial for that.


I have the perfect model and she just flat out refused! So here I am. And NOOOOO my mirror is not that dirty!!!! I think.....

This bag is perefect to hold the candy that will get thrown out, if I wasn't leaving soon I'd make me one too!

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment