Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy 4th of July x2

Yesterday I showed you the bag I made for Lucy with a sneak peek at her shoes

I love making plain flip flops into something spectacular!

For this project you will need:
Flip flips
Ribbon
Needle and thread
button (optional)
hot glue

First  you will want to start with the flower yo yo

Take your fabric, and using a medium sized bowl or other circle template, trace a circle onto the wrong side of your fabric

Start by folding the fabric in about 1/4 inch and sew as close to the edge as possible


Once you have gone all along the perimeter, pull your thread tightly and it will begin to gather


Tie Tightly Put aside


Now its time to wrap the flip flops

I start with a drop of glue on the inside then begin wrapping the ribbon tightly and slowly while only adding glue to the inside



Once I finished wrapping all the way around, I put a drop of glue at the point of the shoe for the Fabric YoYo. To add a little funk I added buttons that I had around the house.

I loved how they turned out! Lucy does too!
I can't wait till Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment