Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 4 Faux Mashed Potatoes

Yes, you guessed it!
Another Cauliflower recipe

I have no pictures of this recipe because it actually got gone way too fast!
Ooops.

Ingredients Needed:
1 head of cauliflower
1/4 c. Non fat Cream cheese
2 tablespoons of fat free butter (like parkay)
Salt and Pepper

Cut and boil your cauliflower as shown here
If you like a chunkier texture, you can use a masher
For a creamier texture, use a food processor to puree the cauliflower

Add your cream cheese, butter, salt, and pepper
Mash or puree

Serve Hot. Quite honestly, once it begins to cool it goes back to tasting like cauliflower

The dish serves 4-6 people, and the nutrition information is per serving (not dish)
I would also like to point out that I am in no way a nutritionist
I read labels and make sure that my family consumes healthy alternatives when possible




{Calories:31}
{Fat:0}
{Carbs:1}

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea...I think I'll try to trick my husband :)

    ReplyDelete